Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Belated Valentines Day






I have never been accused of being Martha Stewart. I'm not very craft-y. I don't make cute holiday thingees to hang around the house. A dear friend sews buttons on for me. I don't own a glue gun and truthfully, I'm not sure if I know what one looks like.

However, in an effort to avoid the Princess/Cars/Star Wars valentines at CVS where you write your name, attach some candy and move on, and in an effort to be more eco-friendly (although I'm not certain it was very sustainable given all the paper we used), I decided that we would make homemade valentines this year. From scratch. 52 Valentines among three kids, plus loads of teachers.

Given the piercing look that Husband gave me about half-way through the three-hour+ process, I'm fairly certain we will be going the CVS Princess/Cars/Star Wars route next year, but I was kind of proud that we did it this once. And the kids were totally into it and writing (or dictating) special personal notes to each classmate on the inside. At least for the first 33 or so.

Ciao a tutti.

No comments:

Post a Comment